||* Last updated 24-Apr-2015
Our Commitment To Privacy
Your privacy is important to us, and we are committed to protecting it. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our homepage and in our top menubar.
How We Contact Members
We respect our members and their privacy, and therefore we take responsibility to not contribute to email clutter. Unless initiated by our members, generally* we do not email our members. So members do not receive membership renewal reminders or notices that their membership has expired. This doesn't mean members get locked out of their accounts without resolution. If their membership expires, they will be notified by the web site when they attempt to log in.
* An exception where we may contact members or previous members is in cases where we have an extraordinary membership scheme change, where we want to notify them about an exceptional change in memberships. We will use good judgement in such a case and we will only send one email per email address on file.
Signing up and submitting forms on the web site (such as the Contact Us page, Photolog submissions, or use of the Tell others about this site page) are considered to be contact initiated by members or visitors, so we may decide to respond to such contacts. Additionally, when people sign up, we may decide to contact them based upon comments they may enter. If they state during signing up that they may be or are interested in being a Footiemap Supporter, then we may reach out to them in regards to their interest, possibly to help them understand what is involved with being a Footiemap Supporter. Also, because of the nature of the work, and the fact that we are a close team with our Footeimap Supporters, we will initiate email contact with them as needed. When Campaigns end, we email the winner(s), congratulating them and notifying them that they have received the associated reward.
Because of our self-imposed very limited member contact policy, except in cases outlined above, be very wary of any emails you may receive, purportedly coming from this web site. If you are ever uncertain of the authenticity of an email you have received from an address @footiemap.com, do not hesitate to ask us. Please forward any such questionable emails to us at .
We never ask members for their username or password, so no communication you receive that asks for this is legitimate. To clarify, at times, if members initiate contact with us and they have forgotten their username, password, and/or email address they signed up with, we will be in a situation where we need to try to help them figure it out. But certainly we will never initiate contact asking for a member's username or password.
The Information We Collect
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on the Footiemap.com web site. The types of personal information collected at these pages (Contact Us and Photolog) are:
On the Tell others about this site page, you can submit information about other people. In this circumstance, the types of personal information collected are:
| || ||Your name|
| || ||Your email address|
| || ||The email address(es) to send to|
On the Sign Up page, the required personal information collected is:
| || ||Your name|
| || ||Your username choice|
| || ||Your password choice|
| || ||Your email address|
The Way We Use Information
When you sign up with us, we ask for your name, email address, and personal web site. We ask you to choose a username and password for access to your account on Footimap.com. After you sign up, you have the ability to manage your profile and additionally provide (if you wish) your nationality or top 5 favorite and/or hated clubs. For normal members, nothing you provide us is shown anywhere on the web site to anyone else, other than directly to you when you log in to manage your profile. However, for Supporters, we honor their work efforts by displaying some information about them on the Supporters page.
For the Contact Us page, we use the information you provide about yourself only to gauge web site usage or to possibly respond to you via email regarding your feedback, question, or problem.
For the Photolog page, we use the information you provide about yourself to correspond with your submission. It also helps us gauge web site usage, and we may respond to you via email regarding your submission. (* see special note below)
For the Tell others about this site page, we use the information you provide about yourself or others only to gauge web site usage or to possibly respond to you via email regarding your submission. We will never directly contact the other people whose email addresses you entered in the form, unless you allow us to do so.
For our Footiemap Supporters, we give special mention of their names (with their names being clickable to send them an email) on the mapping pages, Search page, All Clubs page, and we even give them their own Supporters page. We show their names, countries maintained, email address (if they have chosen to have it be displayed), personal web site, favorite club(s), hated club(s), and information about them. (* see special note below)
We will never share any information you have provided us with outside parties, unless directed to do so by you. We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
- We also use Google Analytics Advertising Features to help give us more insights about visitors to this site. The features we've implemented are Demographics and Interest reporting. The implementation of these features mean that Google Analytics collects data about our traffic via Google advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers in addition to data collected through a standard Google Analytics implementation. Please know that we do not and will never merge personally-identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information collected through any Google advertising product or feature.
- Google Analytics employs cookies to define user sessions, which allows for the collection of data about how visitors are using the websites. Google Analytics uses only first-party cookies for data analysis. This means that the cookies are linked to a specific website domain, and Google Analytics will only use that cookie data for statistical analysis related to your browsing behavior on that specific website. According to Google, the data collected cannot be altered or retrieved by services from other domains.
- For more information on Google Analytics, please visit Google Analytics, Google Analytics Privacy, or "How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps".
- If you choose, you can prevent Google Analytics from recognizing you on return visits to this site by disabling cookies on your browser or you can view the currently available Google Analytics opt-outs for the web.
We never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us in ways unrelated to the ones described above.
* Special note: There are unscrupulous people out there who create spambots (automated programs which scour the Internet's webpages, gathering or "harvesting" email addresses), which they can later use to send unsolicited email, etc. We definitely do NOT post your email address anywhere when you provide it to us on the Contact Us page. For the Photolog page, if you wish to provide your email address (you don't have to), then we display your email address using an obfuscation technique. For Footiemap Supporters, we also use the technique for their email address. We do this to try to help protect you from spambots. But please understand that nothing is perfect. We are doing this in an effort to help protect you, but this is not to say that some smart spambot can't figure out your email address.
Our Commitment To Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
All member passwords are encrypted in our database, and we don't even know what the passwords are. This is one of the reasons we offer the automated password reset option on the Log In page.
Our Commitment To Children's Privacy
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, our web site does not target or attempt to collect information from those we actually know are under 13. No part of our web site is specifically structured to attract anyone under 13. However, we are proud to say that our web site is thoroughly safe and enjoyable by people of all ages.
How You Can Access Or Correct Your Information
You can access all your account information that we collect online and maintain it by logging in and managing your profile. We use this procedure to better safeguard your information.
To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit this web site as a visitor (non-member), a Standard member, or a Premier member who is not logged in. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. Learn more information about this practice and know your choices about not having this information used by these companies.
How To Contact Us